Saturday, September 06, 2008

The sound of applause

I have been struggling with the PhD thesis. I have been having difficulties in putting myself down to the writing mode.

Today, I had some exciting ideas about the research when I was on the way to the college. Thinking through the journey, I started to write them down on my notebook as soon as I got a table and a chair at the college.

One hour later, I wrote down the main ideas and took a break. Looking around me, there was a graduation ceremony taking place in the Great Hall. Sounds of people cheering and clapping were non-stopping. I listened to the sound with my heart. I really enjoyed listening to these sounds...

'I want to graduate, too.' I said to myself.

Encouraged by such stimulating and positive sounds, I determine to finish this thesis to get my applause in the graduation ceremony!

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2008 8:47 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tsai Wei,

This is Laura whom you met at Wimbledon many years ago. I stumbled upon your journal and it's great to read what you have been up to. Very interesting indeed as I am also struggling with writing my PhD submission (part time, finishing in October 2010, with a little bit of luck). Hope you are well and that your recent silence means you got down to writing. Your description made me want to graduate too, so I'd better go and have another look at my chapter 2...

Kind regards,

Laura

 
At 11/10/2008 8:59 pm , Blogger Tsai-Wei Chen said...

Dear Laura,
It is nice to hear from you and thank you for the feedback.
All the best to your PhD research!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home