Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The first cicada chirp of 2007!

29 May was a very nice day for sound listening!
I was doing my regular jogging at the Hon-Shu-Lin (mangrove) protected area around the sunset time. Along the route, there were not only mangrove but also trees and bushes. Some but few people have been living in this protected area.
While I was enjoying the slow jog, a piercing chirp of cicada called my attention and made me saying:
'Hei! Cicadas! It's you again! Welcome back! It's year 2007!' ^_^
Later, while I ran passed a local resident's house, I heard a person chopping professionally. From the sound of the chop, I could tell that the knife was the big square style and the chef has been cooking for years-- the chopping speed was fast! Mmm... yum yum, it was dinner time and many mums of Taiwan were busy at preparing the dinner for the families. Chop chop chop, mums build up the fast chopping skill through her years of love and tolerance for the family!
Sounds of cicada and summer, sounds of mum and love... What a listening jog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home