Friday, August 24, 2007

Waiting for a blood test

This morning, I went to the Langthorne Health Centre for a blood test. This was my first visit to this health centre. When I arrived, there had been around 30 to 40 people waiting-- a long queue that required me to wait for an hour!

We were waiting to be called from one of the two nurses (one male one female) working in the clinic room to have a blood test.

What I found interesting during this hour of listening was that people who were in the room with the nurses where trying to speak happily and be excited. Young and old, all were laughing at whatever joke they could generate with the two nurses. I guessed they were trying to disguise their anxiety-- like children, the adults were scared to have a blood test, too!

Sounds of laughter were constantly spread out from the clinic room...

Finally, it was my turn. When the nurse was taking my blood, the other nurse spoke... She said to her patient-- 'Are you OK? I think you need to lie down on the bed now. xxx (the name of the nurse who was with me), could you help?

Oh, No! That woman's face had gone pale and she was about to faint over!

I guessed joyful conversations would stop for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home