Sunday, May 20, 2007

The crow of a phoenix

Have you noticed a peculiar sound made by the train of Taipei Metro (Damshui line)? I am talking about a sound made when the train is about to depart. For me, it is like a crow of a big bird, a phoenix maybe!
Actually, I heard the same (almost) crow when I took Shinkansen in Japan. The name of that train was White Bird. Therefore, when the train was departing and I heard the sound, I imagined that it was the crow of the white bird! Immediately, I fell in love with it--It was a sound with a sense of myth and magic. At the same time, it gave me a sense of freedom-- the white bird is about to fly!
Two days ago, I suddenly noticed that our Taipei Metro has the crow, too! I was so happy to discover it! Without travelling all the way to Japan, I can now hear it in my hometown! However, I wonder how on earth I just notice it?! haha! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home