Sunday, March 18, 2007

Surrounded sounds of football fans cheering

Last evening, on 17 March, I was walking in the left-hand side of New Wanstead Road from north toward the Wanstead station. The road allowed traffic to operate on both directions and each of them had 1 lane. On my left-hand side, there were shops with displayed windows. On my right-hand side across the road, there were a trendy pub, a traditional pub and a cafe.
As I walked close to this section, I started to hear football fans cheering and singing so loudly and happily. They probably just won a goal. I thought the sounds came from my left-hand side. But after scanning at shops one after the other one, I could not see any crowd. Suddenly, I discovered that the cheering sounds were from the pubs on my right-hand side! I then realised that it was the reflective effect-- those glasses of the displayed windows were cheering with the fans, too!
Being so impressed by this special experience, I stopped with my mouth widely opened, then followed by a big smile... ^_^
What an interesting soundscape we have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home