Friday, March 16, 2007

Sounds of home

In the Sounder Space conference, Nigel raised the question: 'What are the sounds that tell us-- we are home?' This question touches me very much. Nevertheless, what are my answers for it?
When I am in Taiwan, my family's voices and laughter, TV news, mum cooking, Pa chatting on the phone, Pa walking with sounds of slippers, Ma making coffee...
When I am in London, I don't feel home. Sounds that make me feeling like being at home are... MSN jingles, maybe. It is my only connection with friends in Taiwan.
Oh, a new sound that tells me that I arrive (London) home is the creaky sound made by the small rusty metal door when I push it to enter the front yard of the house. I wonder if the number of sounds that can tell me 'I am home' will increase in the future. Perhaps it has been, simply I have been refusing to accept them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home