Friday, September 09, 2005

A listening on the top of Greenwich

I am going to move out of New Cross on tomorrow morning. My favourate place around New Cross is the square next to the Observatory of Greenwich. I used to jog every weekend from New Cross to here. After having a few good breaths in the early mornings, I returned to my flat with great calmness and confidence.

4:30pm, Friday
On my right hand side there are two British women chatting about other peoples' love affairs loudly. Behind me are people of different nationalities. They are speaking different languages. Some are in Chinese. By listening carefully, I can tell that they are from China.
The two British women on the right are still loud. It is difficult for me not to listen to their conversations.
Suddently, the PA system of the observatory museum is announcing: 'We are closing in 25 mins'.
The two British women's voics are loud.

I open my eyes, blink blink.
I see the paramid roof of Canary Warf. In the cloudy and sunny spell afternoon, sun shines just right on top of the paramid. It is very bright.
By opening my eyes, I realise that I am in the UK. What I just experienced in the listening journey, which allowed me to cross easily and freely among corners is like a dreamwalk. After opening my eyes, I am taken to the present reality. I return.
The pressure of the visual is very huge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home