Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A relaxed trip in Taipei metro, Hon-Shu-Lin, 17pm

I planned to record a piece of my auditory memories of Taiwan. It is a journey with Taipei metro that should be relaxed. Taipei metro is new, spatious and clean. It is also pretty quiet. It's very common to see passengers taking a nap during the trip.

When I take the London tube, its rediculous noise and everywhere rubish often remind me of the comfort of Taipei metro.

I was ready to record the sound of Taipei metro. After I got on the train, I heard a constant noise that badly broke my aimmed relaxation. 'Looking' around, I realised that it was the vibration of a ventilator's cover! Hey, this is not supposed to happen in my auditory memories of Taiwan! In Schafer's term, the noise of this loose cover has broken my 'sound romance'! After one minute, I could not bear with it and I turned the recorder off. I decided to find a 'proper' metro to record the 'relaxed journey'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home