Thursday, January 13, 2005

My bed, Tamsui, 7am

After returning from London, this is my first morning lying on the bed at home. I heard unfamiliar sound. It is like drilling into a wall. I woke up to find it. It was my father doing something I have never seen before-- he was grinding coffee beans with a machine.

I arrived home last night. Because the toilet and shower have changed to the new ones, many familiar sounds have gone.

I return to Taiwan to record nostalgic sounds, the familiar sounds of home, but many things have been changed. I also realise that there is a sound frequently exists in Taiwan but has been ignored. It is the rain sound which does not exist in my auditory memories of Taiwan while I was in London. And in fact, travelling all the way from London, it is the sound I really want to avoid in order to collect the targeted sounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home